Thursday, March 3, 2016

Introduction to Myself


I decided that I wasn't going to start out with an about me post because most blogs start out with that but I figured right now is the time.

My name is Cherise. I'm a certified yoga instructor and personal trainer. I have been certified since August 2015 after I left my technical support job due to personal reasons. I decided that I wanted to help people with chronic conditions overcome them after watching how negative people can be, some not all are negative about it. I personally have Type 1 Diabetes (basically I'm insulin dependent and there's no diet or quick cure) and I also have a pacemaker (long story why. I will explain one day). I've been Type 1 diabetic since October 2000 and I have had the pacemaker since December 2012. I found that doing yoga helped me a lot and I was able to get more control over it.

This is how my fit life a day breaks down:

Morning/mid morning yoga practice generally when my youngest who's almost 19 months old takes a nap.
Early evening consists of a quick yoga warm-up or cardio (depends on my mood) then weight lifting with my husband (he's also a personal trainer). We break down our muscle groups into sections each day. For example one day may consist of shoulder and back exercises whether it be cables, machines or free weights. Some day I will post an entire daily yoga sequence plus entire weight lifting for a day. Eventually I will also put in my daily food intake for a day. I do have  strange diet as I do what's called a Low Carb-High Fat diet (high fat doesn't mean bad fat it means healthy fats like avocados and extra virgin olive oil and others).

No comments:

Post a Comment